Sunday, June 24, 2007

Introducing the Three Monkeys



A little intro to the three girls. Sierra - Yellow Lab (Nala's litter mate), Nala - Yellow Lab (Sierra's litter mate), Marley - Chow Chow. These three chicks are the result of a blended family. Sierra and Nala were both adopted by my husband from Lab Rescue. Can you even believe that someone wanted to give them up???? I guess that's our gain. The girls were adopted at age two and are currently 12 years old. Marley has been my girl since I was a sophomore in college, back when I was young. I found her out on a farm in Bloomington, IN and it's been love since. Marley is 13 years old.

Sierra was our little love bug. I have never seen a dog that would take a pet and a hug over a bone, but that was Sierra. Her sweetness was infectious. Sometimes I think she was too smart for her own good. I could see her across the room just thinking, thinking, thinking....either how to get some love or maybe how to kill me. Just kidding on that last point, but geez, that girl loved her dad. Sometimes my husband and I would be laying in bed and I would wake up to her staring at us. Sometimes giving me the stink eye. But really though, she was just sweetness personified.

Nala is our clown. Our wiggleworm. Our sea cow. You can't walk by her without her throwing her body out in front of you and rolling around on her back, hoping, praying, you may either rub her belly or give her some food for her cuteness. I gotta tell you, this dog is so freakin cute I almost forget that she eats poop...sometimes. I like to call Nala our big boned girl. While her sisters have always been svelte, Nala is how would you say....um, curvaceous, voluptuous, rounded, ample? Choose any that may apply.

Marley. How do I describe Marley. Independent, stoic, dogcat. I think dogcat is best. If there ever was a cat that was having a species identity issue and felt that it should be a dog, then Marley would be the result. Now she is 100% dog, but personality wise, don't ever think that she wants us to think she needs us. She blesses us with her presence, and lets us pet her when she wants it. But with that package also comes silliness, loyalty, and friendship. Marley is the hardest to get to know, but once the time is taken, it's well worth the effort. Just ask her legion of fans.

Can you guess who is who?????




1 comment:

kassabella said...

Your three monkeys sound adorable, and very special Labbies.

Chris.